By Jenny Dreiling
March 17, 2017
Looking for a new challenge to kick off your career?
Apply Today For The Role ofĀ Operations Manager Assistant – London City E1
Urban Stay is now hiring for a full time Operations Assistant to join our growing team in the heart of London! We are a dynamic serviced apartment company based in The City (offices at Liverpool Street Station).
We’re a young team in a rapidly growing business and offer the successful candidate the chance to grow with Urban Stay from the start. We offer flat hierarchies, a casual work environment, quick decision processes, open lines of communication, constant new challenges and greatly encourage employees to bring in their own ideas and opinions. Our offices are located right at Liverpool Street Station, offering a vibrant mix of architecture, clientele, nightlife and boutiques right at your doorstep.
During your lunch break you may visit some of Londonās most recognized historical landmarks (e. g. The Gherkin, The River Thames, Tower Bridge), take a stroll around beautiful Old Spitalfields Market, unique second hand shops or benefit from London’s best street food right at your doorstep. Shoreditch High Street is also just a 5 minute walk away offering the best nightlife London has to offer, constantly changing pop up stores and excellent quirky restaurants and bars.
As our Operations Assistant you will receive all the training you will require to understand your role to the fullest. At the end of your training period you will be able to take full responsibility for all operations matters in the absense of our full time professional Operations Manager. We’re a hands-on team willing to step in and help you along the way so that you can perform to your full potential and become a successful leader.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a serious self-starter and highly motivated
- Is a quick learner
- Has excellent DIY/maintenance skills
- Is very self-confident and can make independent judgement calls on the spot
- Is always striving to beat the status quo
- Is exceptionally detail orientated and is very well organized
- Is exceptional at multi-taking
- Is proficient with all core Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Outlook & Excel in particular)
- Has great customer service skills
- Has an eye for marketing
- Has a professional phone manner
Most importantly though we want someone who is willing to grow with us and proactively look to improve existing processes, reduce costs and truly take full responsibility and ownership of their role. The ideal candidate will be as comfortable working in a team as they are autonomous, enjoy seeking out new challenges and not afraid of asking questions.
Your job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Attending to all apartments to ensure high standards are continuously met
- Conduct check-ins personally, even after-hours and on weekends as required
- Conduct regular detailed inventory checks, quality control, maintenance and repair of all apartments
- Source and distribute all necessary apartment supplies and track inventory accordingly
- Manage all cleaning personnel and schedule on a weekly basis
- Communicate with key vendor accounts ā BT, Council Tax, Phones, supplies, etc.
- Answer the 24h emergency phone and attend to guest concerns
- Weekly delivery and pick up of linen to our storage rooms (driver’s license required)
- Apartment cleaning
- Professional phone and email manners
- Excellent English skills: verbal & written
- Driver’s license
- University degree preferred
- Not required but experience with the following fields is considered a big plus: bar work, operations in serviced apartments/ hotel, housekeeping, maintenance
Though experience is preferable in the above, what matters the most to us is the candidateās personality, ability, and willingness to learn. We want someone who continually demonstrates commitment to the company and our growth, while integrating seamlessly with the team.
Above all ā have fun!! ā
To apply please send your cover letter expressing your interest in the position and your CV to James. Any candidate failing to submit both may be excluted from the hiring process.
Start date: asap
Salary: Ā£18,000 – Ā£20,000 DOE
Job Type: Full-time