Urban Stay Nominated For Three 2019 Serviced Apartment Awards
Urban Stay is proud to announce that we have been nominated for three prestigious 2019 Serviced Apartment Awards by Serviced Apartment News! After receiving a record number of submissions for this year’s annual industry awards Serviced Apartment News announced the shortlisted companies on Wednesday the 27th of February 2019. Serviced Apartments News is one of the only publishing houses dedicated to gathering information on serviced apartment providers, extended stay and aparthotels and short term rentals. It
The organisation has been growing rapidly and is involved in advisory services for the hospitality industry, regular conferences and exhibitions and publishing news via Boutique Hotel News and Serviced Apartment News. More notably the annual Serviced Apartment Awards are the place to be for any serviced accommodation professional. It is one of the most exclusive industry events that recognises excellence on an individual, team and corporate level. This year’s awards are taking place at the Park Plaza Riverbank in London in March 2019.
1) Urban Stay Nominated For Best Use of Social Media Award
Urban Stay continuously strives to produce interesting an relevant content via all of its social media channels. In particular, Urban Stay’s social media presence encompasses everything from press releases, blog posts, Twitter, Google+, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Pinterest. As a still fairly small business the company focuses on close interaction with its guests and followers and to add value and creativity to the traditional serviced accommodation offering. Urban Stay’s focus lies in responding to the needs of today’s evermore sophisticated business and leisure travellers while creating a true ‘wow’ experience.
2) Jenny Dreiling Nominated For Rising Star Of The Year Award
Jenny has tremendously contributed to the growth and success of Urban Stay. Jenny is the driving force behind all of Urban Stay’s innovative ideas, creative thinking, website design, content writing and online marketing. At the same time she is in charge of all of Urban Stay’s daily bookkeeping, corporate finance and financial forecasting. Over the four years of Urban Stay’s history Jenny has become one of the most recognised female leaders in the serviced apartment industry. She has consequently already been nominated last year for the Rising Star of The Year Award 2018 of Serviced Apartment News.
If you wish to see her win the award this year, you can help! Cast your vote for her just with a simple click (no registration required!)
3) Urban Stay Nominated for Best Serviced Apartment Operator of 51-200 Units
Urban Stay is especially proud to be nominated for this year’s Best Operator pf 51-200 Units Award. Designed to recognise excellence, innovation and best practice in the serviced apartment industry, we’re very honoured and humbled to have been shortlisted for this big award. Urban Stay already won the 2018 award as best serviced apartment provider of 51 to 200 units by Serviced Apartment News. Can the company take home the price again?
The Judges of the 2019 Serviced Apartment Awards
The judges of this year’s 2019 ASAP Serviced Apartment Awards include some of the most influential and experienced industry leaders:
1) DAVID BENTHEIM – BENTHEIM: After completing his degree, interior designer David Bentheim gained his Master at The Royal College of Art where he studied under Sir Hugh and Lady Casson.
2) CHRIS BOWN – HOTEL ANALYST: Chris is deputy editor of Hotel Analyst, the newsletter for the global hotel investment community.
3) CATHERINE CHETWYND – BUYING BUSINESS TRAVEL: Catherine Chetwynd has written about business travel for more than 30 years and the serviced apartment sector for just over a decade.
4) TIM FAY – CONDÉ NAST JOHANSENS: Tim Fay is UK and Ireland account director at Condé Nast Johansens Luxury Hotels, Spas and Venues.
5) FRANCINE HEYWOOD – GUESTREVU: Francine co-founded GuestRevu in 2013 and manages the company’s sales and marketing activities globally.
6) ANDREW HARRINGTON – AHV ASSOCIATES: Andrew co-founded AHV in 2001. He started his career in finance at Barclays de Zoete Wedd in 1989 and became a Managing Director in 1996.
7) HELEN JEFFERYS – PWC: Helen joined the PwC travel team in 2010 and is responsible for managing the PwC UK hotel and serviced apartment programme.
8) HILARY LANCASTER – FUSION INTERIORS GROUP: Hilary is an award winning designer and has been working in design for the last 20 years across numerous sectors.
9) EMILY MANSON – PROCLAIM COMMUNICATIONS: Emily Manson is an established journalist and former marketing and events’ manager with 20 years’ experience in the hospitality industry.
10) ADRIAN PARKES – GTMC: Adrian Parkes joined the GTMC as its chief executive officer in September 2017.
11) VEDRANA RILEY – CIEL CAPITAL: Vedrana is the founder and CEO of Ciel Capital, a principal, JV equity and asset management platform with a core focus on hospitality.
12) GEORGE SELL (HEAD JUDGE) – SERVICED APARTMENT NEWS: George is the editor of Serviced Apartment News, the only dedicated online news and information resource for the serviced apartment, aparthotel and extended stay sector.
13) MARK SKINNER – HIGHLAND GROUP: Mark Skinner has more than 30 years experience in the hotel-real estate industries.
14) PAUL WELLS – DEXTER MOREN ASSOCIATES: As partner at Dexter Moren Associates Paul leads on a variety of hospitality projects from feasibilities through to construction and delivery, and supports the development of the practice’s serviced apartment and retirement living portfolios.
Urban Stay is thus very proud to be amongst the many shortlisted companies for this year’s awards. In particular, Urban Stay is very honoured to be shortlisted not just for one, but three 2019 Serviced Apartment Awards. With so many outstanding aparthotels, short let accommodation providers, relocation companies and corporate accommodation operators in London, the UK, and globally, we sure feel very special right now.
Urban Stay’s Co-founder and Director of Finance and Marketing Jenny Dreiling comments: “2019 has started off like a dream having been nominated for 3 award categories! We’re strongly focusing on growing our team this year and on strengthening our brand and taking home one of the awards would just be absolutely amazing. I’m extremely proud of the whole team and Urban Stay’s progression over the years and I’m very excited about what this year has to offer. To be nominated for so many 2019 Serviced Apartment Awards is truly remarkable.”