Top 10 Events During King’s Coronation in London
The King’s Coronation is a historic event that is celebrated with great pomp and show in London. It is an occasion that marks the ascension of a new monarch to the throne and has been a tradition in England since the 9th century. The coronation ceremony is steeped in tradition and ritual, and the event is watched by millions of people around the world. In this blog post, we will explore the king’s coronation London events and how they are celebrated.
The first King’s Coronation in London dates back to the 9th century when Alfred the Great was crowned. Since then, every coronation has been a grand event that is celebrated with much fanfare. The coronation of King George VI in 1937 was the first to be televised and watched by millions around the world. The most recent coronation was that of Queen Elizabeth II in 1953, which was also televised and watched by millions.
London is the center of all the action during the coronation events. The coronation procession takes place through the streets of London, and people from all over the world come to witness the event. The procession is led by the royal family and is followed by members of the clergy, nobility, and the armed forces. The coronation ceremony takes place at Westminster Abbey, where the new king is crowned by the Archbishop of Canterbury.
The coronation events in London are not just limited to the procession and ceremony. There are many other events that take place during the coronation week, including fireworks displays, concerts, and exhibitions. These events are designed to celebrate the new king and bring people together to celebrate this historic occasion.
If you are planning to visit London during the coronation events, there are many things that you can do to make the most of your trip. You can attend the coronation procession, visit Westminster Abbey, and attend the various events that are taking place around the city. You can also book a stay at one of the many luxury serviced apartments in London to ensure that you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
Take a look the top 10 events during the King’s Coronation in London this weekend:
- The Coronation Procession: The coronation procession is one of the most anticipated events of the coronation week. It is a parade that takes place through the streets of London and is led by the royal family. It’s a fantastic opportunity to see the newly crowned king in all their regal splendor.
- The Crowning Ceremony: The crowning ceremony takes place at Westminster Abbey and is the culmination of the coronation week. The new king is crowned by the Archbishop of Canterbury, and it is a truly magnificent ceremony.
- The Fireworks Display: The fireworks display is an annual event that takes place during the coronation week. It’s a spectacular display of fireworks that lights up the London skyline.
- The Exhibition at Buckingham Palace: The exhibition at Buckingham Palace is a must-see event during the coronation week. It showcases some of the most precious artifacts from the royal collection.
- The Royal Garden Party: The royal garden party is an exclusive event that is held in the gardens of Buckingham Palace. It’s an opportunity to mingle with the royal family and other VIPs.
- The State Banquet: The state banquet is a grand affair that is held at Buckingham Palace. It’s a formal dinner that is attended by the royal family, heads of state, and other dignitaries.
- The Changing of the Guard: The changing of the guard is a popular event that takes place outside Buckingham Palace. It’s a colorful ceremony that is performed by the Queen’s Guard.
- The Royal Procession: The royal procession is a grand event that takes place after the coronation ceremony. It’s a chance to see the newly crowned king in a grand procession through the streets of London.
- The Concert: The coronation week also features a grand concert that is held in Hyde Park. It’s an opportunity to enjoy some of the best music from around the world.
- The Street Parties: The coronation week is also a time for street parties in London. It’s a chance to celebrate with the locals and enjoy the festivities.
In conclusion, the king’s coronation in London is a historic event that is celebrated with great pomp and show. There are several events that take place during the coronation week, and if you’re in London this weekend, you must not miss these top 10 events. Make sure to book your stay at one of our luxury serviced apartments in London to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay.