10 Great Halloween Events London 2016
The golden October has arrived in London and with it comes the scariest time of the year – the Month of the Dead and Halloween! There are plenty of things to do and see at the end of the month. Check out these great Halloween events London! As one of the busiest and and most exciting cities in Europe London’s halloween events won’t disappoint. Dress up, party and explore London’s dark sides! Just make sure you book your halloween event in advance as tickets usually sell out very fast.
Here’s our top ten of Halloween Events London 2016:
1) Chills in the Chapel
If watching a scary movie is a must on your Halloween to-do list, consider Chills in the Chapel, an annual Halloween film night happening at the centuries old Union Chapel, Islington. Movies will be projected on the walls of the chapel and legendary composer Alan Howarth will perform scores to the films live. The event continues as a fancy dress up party with dancing and drinks until the morning hours. This year’s movies shown will be ‘Escape from New York’ (on Friday night) and ‘Halloween II – IV Medley’ (Saturday). The event happens to be for a good cause as well, as proceeds go to the Union Chapel restoration and development fund.
- Tickets: £25 or £40 VIP (Entry Requirements: Over 18s only)
- Date: October 29, 18.45h
- Address: Union Chapel, Compton Terrace, London N1 2UN
2) Visit a haunted estate or site
Several haunted locations throughout the city offer tours to adequately terrify you on Halloween night:
– One of the notoriously most haunted houses in Britain, Ham House offers family ghost tours to which you can even bring your children. Story time and a spooky garden trail cater to the kids while you get scared hearing about the ghosts (including the ghost dog) that inhabit the home.
- Tickets: £9.50
- Date: 26, 27, 28, 29 & 30 October, 16.30h – 17.30h
- Address: Ham St, Richmond-upon-Thames, Surrey TW10 7RS
– For Pumpkin Carving, Eltham Palace is the place to go. An easy going and fun event, perfect for children, makes this a low key Halloween.
- Tickets: adults – £13.5, children – £8.10
- Address: Court Yard, Eltham, Greenwich, London, SE9 5QE
– Hampton Court Palace offer Adult Ghost Tours and Family Ghost Tours starting on the 31st of October and running all the way through winter. Enjoy hearing stories of ghostly apparitions and paranormal activity while exploring the palace and gardens.
- Adult Ghost Tour Tickets: from £27.50
- Family Ghost Tour Tickets: children – £7; adults – £14
- East Molesey, Surrey KT8 9AU, United Kingdom
3) The Clink Prison
Opened in 1144 The Clink sits on the site of the oldest prison in English history. Situated at London Bridge just south of the River Thames this former medieval prison is truly terrifying. Listen to grisly tales about inmates and see a range of torture devices on display. With so many years of horrible histories no wonder that The Clink is the place to be for some ghost hunts. A frightening experience for young and old!
- Tickets: adults – £7.5, children – £5.50
- Address: 1 Clink St, London SE1 9DG
4) Ghost Walk Tours
Not to be missed on the list of the best Halloween Events London, spooky walking tours! Several guided ghost walk tours in the city cater to people looking for varying degrees of spookiness:
During the Royal maritime Greenwich ghost walk tour you get to learn about the dark side of this historic World Heritage Site and the ghosts of its disdained sailors.
- Address: National Maritime Museum, Park Row, Greenwich
London SE10 9NF
The Jack the Ripper tour suits those brave enough to learn more about one of the scariest, most infamous murderers of all time on the most terrifying night of the year.
- Tickets: £10
- Address: Outside exit 4 of Aldgate East tube station
The Sinister Smithfield Halloween Family Friendly Walk is an event suitable for families (with older children), which tours some of London’s famous execution sites and tells stories of ghosts and body snatchers that will send shivers down your spine. Book through Guided Walks in London.
- Tickets: Adults: £8 Children: £3
- Date: Saturday 31st October 16:00h
5) Ghost Bus Tour
If you don’t feel like walking, the ghost bus tour has to be on the list of great Halloween events London. For a creepy night in a more relaxing setting, consider the London Ghost Bus Tour. Sit onboard a classic 1960s Routemaster bus and enjoy a theatrical sightseeing tour taking you to all the dark places of London including famous sites of murder, torture and execution. Some comedy horror theatre will entertain and scare you while going around the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey and then heading over to St. Paul’s Cathedral and the Tower of London.
6) Eton Messy Halloween Spectacular
Halloween surprises and good music are set to bring you spooky joy at this year’s Halloween bash hosted by party crew Eton Messy at Electric Brixton. A grand production and an international line-up of DJs will bring you a variety of music flavors including EDM, drum & bass and disco put on by Waverly, Timmy Vercetti, NVOY, Kayper, the EM selectors and Jax Jones.
- Tickets: £15 – £25
- Date: October 26, 22:00h – 6:00h
- Address: Electric Brixton, Town Hall Parade, Brixton, London SW2 1RJ
7) Halloween Pub Crawl
English pubs are the best ones in the world, and you’ll find plenty of them in London. With a great selection of real ales and craft beers, a cosy living room-like atmosphere, great pub food and plenty of laughter English pubs are like a second home. Now how better to experience the UK’s renowned pub culture than to do a pub crawl in London? Join the scary pub crawl for an unforgettable experience if you’re a solo traveller or looking for a night our with friends. The Halloween Pub Crawl in Central London‘s West End and Covent Garden brings you the shivers over the weekend. Free entry to several bars and clubs in London and free welcome shots are included in the price. Halloween Pub Crawl treats include boozy brains and bloody amazing drink specials.
- Tickets: £30
- Date: Friday 28, Saturday 29 and Sunday 31 Oct, starts 19.00-20.00h
- Address: Piccadilly Institute, W1J 0DA, London
8) The London Dungeons
One of London’s best known attractions – loved or rather feared by young and old – The London Dungeons at London Bridge. Open all year round The London Dungeons couldn’t be scarier during Halloween season. Check the official website for the latest events. Last night tours (aka Dungeon Lates) are available during autumn.
- Dungeon Lates : £29 per person
- Address: Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Rd, City of London, Greater London SE1 7PB
9) Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens Fire Festival
Looking for something truly amazing for this year’s Halloween weekend. Head to Vauxhall in South West London just south of the River Thames. From 5pm onwards on Saturday immerse yourself in this Ancient Greek Halloween spectacular. There will be a fire magic show, fire performers and a fireworks display. But that’s not even the best thing about it. It’s absolutely free!
- Tickets: free
- Date: Saturday, October 29, start 5pm
- Address: Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens, London, SE11 5HY United Kingdom
10) Dinner at the Twits
If you’re lucky enough to still snap up some tickets for Dinner at the Twits you better be fast! In celebration of Roald Dahl’s 100 centenary this interactive theatrical dining experience is like no other. In fact, you are paying to eat at the world’s worst dinner party. Get excited about deliciously disgusting dishes, stomach-churning meals and entertainment as the evening progresses. The last date is the 30th of October! Be aware that the tickets have mouth watering prices.
- Tickets: from £85
- Date: until 30 October
- Address: The Vaults Theatre, Leake St, London SE1 7NN, United Kingdom
If you need accommodation during these great Halloween Events London please don’t hesitate to get in touch.