Operations Manager – Serviced Apartments London
Position Open: Operations Manager at Urban Stay Serviced Apartments London
PLEASE ONLY APPLY AND CONTACT VIA EMAIL – NO PHONE CALLS
COVER LETTER REQUIRED
Looking for a new challenge to kick off your career in operations?
Urban Stay is now hiring for a full time Operations Manager to join our growing team in the heart of London! We are a dynamic serviced apartment company based in The City (offices at Liverpool Street Station) and have just won the award as best serviced apartment operator of 51 to 200 units.
We’re a young team in a rapidly growing business and offer the successful candidate the chance to grow with Urban Stay. We offer flat hierarchies, a casual work environment, quick decision processes, open lines of communication, constant new challenges and greatly encourage employees to bring in their own ideas and opinions. Our offices are located right at Liverpool Street Station, offering a vibrant mix of architecture, clientele, nightlife and boutiques right at your doorstep.
As our Operations Manager you will receive all the training you will require to understand your role to the fullest. At the end of your training period you will be able to take full responsibility for all operations matters in the absence. We’re a hands-on team willing to step in and help you along the way so that you can perform to your full potential and become a successful leader.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a perfectionist and always strives to beat the status quo
- Has excellent DIY/maintenance skills
- Is a confident driver and likes to be on the move
- Is exceptionally detail orientated and is very well organised
- Is exceptional at multi-taking
- Works well under pressure and always has a cool head
- Is a serious self-starter and highly motivated team player
- Is a quick learner
- Is very self-confident and can make independent judgement calls on the spot
- Is proficient with all core Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Outlook & Excel in particular)
- Has great customer service skills
- Has strong management skills with no 9-6 mentality
- Has an eye for marketing
- Has a professional phone manner
- Vocally self-critical
You´re a great team player and you´re equally great at working autonomously? All sounds very familiar?
Then we would love to hear from you! If you´re excited to grow with us and proactively seek out new challenges andimprove existing processes, then Urban Stay is the ideal environment for you.
Your job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Attending to all apartments to ensure high standards are continuously met
- Conduct check-ins personally, even after-hours and on weekends as required
- Perform regular maintenance and repair works yourself
- Conduct regular detailed inventory checks, quality control, maintenance and repair of all apartments
- Source and distribute all necessary apartment supplies and track inventory accordingly (stock control)
- Weekly delivery and pick up of linen to our storage rooms (driver’s license required; lifting of heavy bags)
- Manage all cleaning personnel and schedule on a weekly basis
- Communicate with key vendor accounts – BT, Council Tax, Phones, supplies, etc.
- Answer the 24h emergency phone and attend to guest concerns
- Professional phone and email manners
- Excellent English skills: verbal & written
- Driver’s license
- Competent in DIY (maintenance experience preferred)
- University degree preferred
- Not required but experience with the following fields is considered a big plus: bar work, operations in serviced apartments/ hotel, housekeeping, maintenance
To apply please send your cover letter expressing your interest in the position and your CV to James email@example.com. Any candidate failing to submit both may be excluded from the hiring process.
Start date: asap
Salary: £20,000 – £26,000 DOE