Position Open: Operations Assistant at Urban Stay Serviced Apartments London
EMAIL APPLICATIONS ONLY – NO PHONE CALLS
Looking for a new challenge to kick off your career in operations?
Urban Stay is now hiring for a full time Operations Assistant to join our growing team in the heart of London! We are a dynamic serviced apartment company based in The City (offices at Liverpool Street Station).
We’re a young team in a rapidly growing business and offer the successful candidate the chance to grow with Urban Stay from the start. We offer flat hierarchies, a casual work environment, quick decision processes, open lines of communication, constant new challenges and greatly encourage employees to bring in their own ideas and opinions. Our offices are located right at Liverpool Street Station, offering a vibrant mix of architecture, clientele, nightlife and boutiques right at your doorstep.
As our Operations Assistant you will receive all the training you will require to understand your role to the fullest. At the end of your training period you will be able to take full responsibility for all operations matters in the absence of our full time professional Operations Manager. We’re a hands-on team willing to step in and help you along the way so that you can perform to your full potential and become a successful leader.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is exceptionally detail orientated and is very well organized
- Is a serious self-starter and highly motivated
- Is a quick learner
- Has excellent DIY/maintenance skills
- Is very self-confident and can make independent judgement calls on the spot
- Is always striving to beat the status quo
- Is exceptional at multi-taking
- Is proficient with all core Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Outlook & Excel in particular)
- Has great customer service skills
- Has an eye for marketing
- Has a professional phone manner
Most importantly though we want someone who is willing to grow with us and proactively look to improve existing processes, reduce costs and truly take full responsibility and ownership of their role. The ideal candidate will be as comfortable working in a team as they are autonomous, enjoy seeking out new challenges and not afraid of asking questions.
Your job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Attending to all apartments to ensure high standards are continuously met
- Conduct check-ins personally, even after-hours and on weekends as required
- Conduct regular detailed inventory checks, quality control, maintenance and repair of all apartments
- Source and distribute all necessary apartment supplies and track inventory accordingly (stock control)
- Manage all cleaning personnel and schedule on a weekly basis
- Communicate with key vendor accounts – BT, Council Tax, Phones, supplies, etc.
- Answer the 24h emergency phone and attend to guest concerns
- Weekly delivery and pick up of linen to our storage rooms (driver’s license required)
- Professional phone and email manners
- Excellent English skills: verbal & written
- Driver’s license
- University degree preferred
- Not required but experience with the following fields is considered a big plus: bar work, operations in serviced apartments/ hotel, housekeeping, maintenance
To apply please send your cover letter expressing your interest in the position and your CV to James firstname.lastname@example.org. Any candidate failing to submit both may be excluded from the hiring process.
Start date: asap
Salary: £17,000 – £20,000 DOE